This site was long overdue for a redesign so I got my head into it and got it pretty much where I want it. That said there is a lot of new things coming with the start of this next adventure. Firstly, I’ve decided that it’s going to become less of a day to day “journal”. Just re-reading some old posts I think it starts to get old pretty fast as I’m not the most engaging of writers, especially when exciting things aren’t really happening. I’ll still be documenting things as they happen, it will just be more condensed versions between some of the new ideas I have, less mundane mumbling about things that didn’t happen.
- I’m at a point in my photography that I feel I can start talking about it. Start letting others know how I get certain shots. What I did in the processing stage etc. I’m going to be posting photography related pieces quite often along with a lot more of my photography in general. This new version of the site kind of demands header images so as I travel and shoot this next adventure there will be more relevant imagery included in each post both photography based and other wise.
- Part of these adventures is meeting new people. I will be writing more about the people I meet, perhaps even interviewing them if they’re up for it. I will also be writing more pieces on actual places I find and go to. I have a google map of thousands of markers I’ve been collecting over the last few years and when I start hitting those places you can bet I’ll be sharing all the photos I take and the fun facts about them. I want to share more of the adventure this time. Less meanderings about “me” and more tales from the road.
- I’m looking at a personal GPS locator for the next trip. One that will basically mark where I am at regular intervals when I’m moving. It’s partially for safety and my friends and family’s peace of mind but it has a cool feature to basically track the adventure. Once I get closer to leaving you’ll see this map appear on the maps page.
- More video. I really want to do more video and included in this will be some time-lapse photography as well as more video blog episodes of WOTR. I really like shooting and editing video I’m just still inexperienced in it. So with any luck those will improve as I go.
- I also have an idea for a cool road trip/photography app but right now the funds aren’t there to develop it. It’s something in my pocket for later so we’ll see how things go.
This time out I plan to move at a much slower pace. This will allow time to wait for the right light for many of my photos, more time to research, write and document places I visit. I will also be spending a lot of time working on my sidecar “pay it forward” photography project that you’ll also see advertised here, it’s called Fotos Forward. This is a project that is near and dear to my heart and will be doing as much on it as participation from people in the towns I visit allows.
Of course all my adventures, news and updates will be tweeted and posted to Facebook when time (and internet access) allows. Photos will be posted to instagram and made available for prints as I go. Ever dollar made will help keep me on the road and as long as I’m on the road I’ll be sharing the adventure here and gifting portraits with Fotos Forward.
So check back at the end of August when I finally hit the highway again, starting with my 4th trip to Burning Man, a much needed celebration and reset before this next chapter!
Leave a Comment